Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Christmas is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas. - Dale Evans

What a year it has been!  So many ups and downs, highs and lows, good and bad....I'll stop there because I'm sure you can see where I'm going with that thought.  I am immensely grateful for all of the wonderful things I have been fortunate enough to have in my life this year but it's easy to be thankful for the good things.  This year, I am also happy that I was blessed with some not so good things.  I view the "not so good things" as things to be thankful for as well because they are lessons and opportunities for growth.  When things are easy, we don't really learn as much but when things are tough, we have to get tougher to overcome them.

As you all know, one of my biggest challenges this year has been my struggle with weight loss.  This gift in disguise has taught me a lot about myself and about others.  I have learned that while I am having problems getting the pounds to drop (and according to my scale, I have lost a little over a pound since my last post - YAY me!!) I am very fortunate to have been given the gift of friends who are supportive and can offer insight into why it's been difficult for me to lose the weight.  What a gift that has been!

I have also received the gift of awesome blog followers.  You all have been so caring and supportive and I am so blessed to have you all as part of my little world.  One of the reasons I started this blog was to help others that are going through the same health/weight struggles as I am know that they are not alone.  I like to think that my gift to you has been honesty, truth and hope through my postings.

Cherish the many gifts you have been given but most of all, extend those blessings to others.  That is the ultimate display of love.  Merry Christmas!!!   

Happy Trails!
Valeka  

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Valeka! Just wanted you to know that you inspired me this year. Since having Emi I had a lot of health issues and blahblahblah...Just stuff that kept me from running. Started following your blog via Lisa on FB and since that time I started running again! I ran the Turkey Trot (and Emi ran the kids K) and hopefully she will carry on the tradition of, if not running, at least good health. Just wanted you to know your words reached me this year.
    Thanks Valeka and Happy Running!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Jacqui!! I'm sooo happy that you have found inspiration from my little blog! Congratulations to you and Emi on running the Turkey Trot! Best wishes to you and your family for a healthy and happy New Year! And thanks for following me :-)

    Hugs!
    Valeka

    ReplyDelete