Sunday, December 11, 2011

Getting It Done

The secret of getting things done is to act! - Dante Alighieri

Never mistake motion for action.  ~Ernest Hemingway

What a great week!  I've lost a little over a pound (I know it's not much but considering that I am eating and not being deprived, I think it's a pretty big deal).  I knew it was a good sign when my bra wasn't cutting into me and leaving red marks around my chest!  I also got out and moved more this week despite the cold, rainy weather.  Taking my Big Baby for easy little walks throughout the day has not only helped to make my work days tolerable but it's also helped BB and I do a little extra bonding.  And then of course, there is the Christmas shopping.  That's a lot of walking even when I really don't mean to walk so much (not that there is anything wrong with getting in a few extra steps).

All in all, things are going super duper!  I picked a very difficult time of year to try to drop a few pounds (okay, more than a FEW pounds) but I'm doing it.  It's slow moving but seeing the scale move in a negative direction is a huge positive for me.  What a great way to end the current year and a great head start to the upcoming one!  

Happy Trails!
Valeka

No comments:

Post a Comment