Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Road Tested - Traditional Medicinal Organic Lemon Echinacea Throat Coat Tea

I know, it's not exactly a running related item but I woke up this morning with a killer sore throat and this tea helps me tremendously.  And I don't want to skip my wog today so I am trying to get the throat situation cleared up as quickly as I can.  I use Traditional Medicinal teas (http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/) for alleviating a multitude of maladies - upset tummy, digestive issues, headaches, stuffy nose, etc.  I like their products because they are organic and many of their products are fair-trade certified.  Throat Coat tea helps to alleviate that raw feeling in my throat thanks to the slippery elm and licorice in the tea.  Hoping the tea helps me this morning so I can get out on the trail this afternoon.  The lemon/echinacea variety has a little extra oomph behind it to stave off any additional cooties that could be lurking (echinacea helps as an immune system booster).  It's not the best tasting stuff in the world but if you add a little honey to it, it is much easier to drink.  Give this tea a try if you run into any throat issues this season.  It's pretty helpful!

Happy Trails!
Valeka     

No comments:

Post a Comment