Sunday, November 6, 2011

Baggage

“There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.” - Buddha

“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.” - Seneca, Roman philosopher 


This week, I let go of a lot of baggage.  I felt that it was necessary for me to clean house in order for me to be completely prepared for my new health program.  I let go of ideas that were hindering me and I thanked people for things that they needed to be thanked for (as we all know, one person's "no" is another person or opportunity's "YES").  As it turns out, doing so has given me the additional motivation I needed to do what I have to do for me.  It's amazing how freeing it is to let go of all of the things that hold us back - people, ideas, our old unhealthy bodies, etc.  Holding on to these things do nothing but limit us.  Bind us.  Restrain us.  It's something that we are all guilty of doing to ourselves and it isn't healthy for us.  Think about your life and the things that cause you stress or needlessly monopolize your time.  Be honest with yourself about those things that need to go away, and toss them out.   

I am ready to begin my new health program with a renewed sense of enthusiasm and excitement for myself.  I received a confirmation email that my supplements have been ordered and are being shipped to me.  That email made me smile and produced butterflies in my tummy.  I know it's going to be a fabulous ride for me and I am anxious to get started.  I found my old pedometer in my bedroom drawer and pulled that out to use beginning on Monday (gotta start counting my steps!).  I have new projects in the works that are bringing me joy and I have the most wonderful, supportive friends and family a girl could ever hope to have.  All in all, life is pretty darn good.  Great things are on the horizon and I am thrilled that you all will be along for the journey.

Happy Trails!
Valeka  

No comments:

Post a Comment