Thursday, September 22, 2011

Road Tested - Nuun Electrolyte Drink Tablets

These handy-dandy little tablets are pretty cool!  Nuun Tablets (http://www.nuun.com/) are great little tablets filled with electrolytes.  They have no sugar, are less than 8 calories each and come in approximately 10 different flavors.  Nuun Tablets are very easy to use - just drop a tablet in 16 oz. of water, let the tablet fizz until dissolved (I shake mine a little to speed things along) and enjoy.  I personally like that the tablets are sugar-free.  My tummy sometimes gets upset when drinking sugary sports drinks during long runs so Nuun's have been helpful in alleviating the stomach upset.  One of the best things about the product is it's portability which is especially handy on long runs.  Nuun Tablets come in a crush-proof, waterproof plastic tube that is very convenient because it fits in a pocket or waist pouch.  I really can't say enough about this product.  I have been using Nuun's for at least 4 years now and really like them.  I even take a tube with me in my purse so that I can drop a tab in a bottle of water on excessively hot days.  Give them a try, see how they work out for you!

Happy Trails!
Valeka

6 comments:

  1. The real question is...... do they taste good??? The tubes are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I didn't mention taste, did I?? Shame on me! They taste very similar to Crystal Light. Now, I haven't tasted ALL flavors but the ones I have had taste good. I have had the the strawberry-lemonade, fruit punch, lemon-lime, tri-berry (my favorite)and tropical. They do taste better cold but are certainly palatable in room temperature water as well. Hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, but have to put my two cents in on this one.... I think they taste nauseating. Like alka seltzer. Like fizzy ocean water. I tried these at the health expo before my last half marathon and could not even finish the tablespoon sized sample the guy gave me. It's really a shame though, because if you can stand the taste (or if you like it), they really did seem like a convenient way to carry your hydration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marianne, sorry they Nuun Tablets didn't work out for you! I have been using them for several years now so perhaps I am accustomed to the taste. To me, they tasted like those Crystal Light drink packets. Another option for you to consider (if you haven't already tried them) are the Gatorade G2 packets. They are low sugar and provide the needed electrolytes. Those have a sweeter taste and work well for hydrating (my BFF likes to use those). Thanks a bunch for your comment!!

    Take care and happy running!
    Valeka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! It's so funny you say that, those G2 packets are exactly what I use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mystery, those G2's work pretty well and the little packets are pretty convenient! Thanks for commenting!

    Have a good week!
    Valeka

    ReplyDelete