Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Road Tested - Neutrogena SPORT Sunblock (Face)

Living in Texas, I always try to use sunblock any time I venture outdoors for activities.  I had a good experience with the Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Spray Sunblock and thought that I would try the one designed specifically for the face.  Honestly, I was a bit disappointed with this product.  I followed the directions and applied it about 20-30 minutes prior to sun exposure but the supposedly sweat-proof/water-proof sunblock dripped down my face while I was wogging leaving large white streaks down my face.  It got in my eyes so I had to wash off my face at the nearest water fountain (the "water-proof" sunscreen washed off fairly easily).  I guess the good thing is that my face didn't get sunburned but there are better sunblocks out there that won't drip.  So, as far as preventing sunburn, it did work but if it isn't going to stay on, there isn't much point in using it!  Save your money on this one.

Happy Trails!
Valeka  

2 comments:

  1. It is difficult to find a good sunblock that doesn't drip in one's eyes. suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing I have found is Bare Minerals Natural Sunscreen (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P232115). It's a mineral powder and has some pretty decent staying power. I do wish the SPF were a bit higher than 30 but it is still effective. And no drip!

    ReplyDelete