Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Road Tested - Bull Frog Superblock Lotion SPF 50

This sunblock fared much better than the Neutrogena product I tried on my face a few weeks ago.  While the SPF was a little lower than I would normally select for my face, it did stay on much better and it did NOT drip into my eyes or run off my face while I was out for a wog at noon...in 110 degree weather.  My face didn't burn at all in the hot Texas sun (I didn't even turn pink!).  I also used it on my chest and arms and no burning at all.  Bull Frog Superblock Lotion (http://www.bullfrogsunblock.com/super.html) is waterproof and sweatproof.  It is a bit heavier on the skin and it does require a couple of washings to thoroughly remove it.  Since it is a lotion, it did take some effort to rub it into my skin during application and it did give it a whitish hue (I can deal with the slightly geisha look if it will keep the sun from damaging my skin).  If these are definite no-no's for you, then I would recommend sticking with the Bull Frog gel-based products.  Overall though, this did what I wanted it to do - stayed on, didn't drip and kept me from burning. 

Happy Trails!
Valeka

No comments:

Post a Comment