Monday, August 5, 2013

The Stress Parasite

Stress sucks. I know, that's something everyone knows but I thought I would repeat it just because.

We all get stressed and have to deal with tense situations at one point or another; it's not a unique problem. It's how we deal with it that makes the difference.

I've never been a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda girl. I am usually a planner and fairly organized when it comes to most stuff. Even when things appear to NOT be organized, they are neatly filed away in my brain in order of importance along with details about what needs to be done. 

Lately, things have been super extreme, highly stressful, nail-biting times for me. The difference has been how I am dealing with it. I have my momentary internal freak-outs because that's just part of my personality but I try not to give in to worrying. Worry is such a useless emotion that is parasitic - the more you feed it, the more it grows and takes over. 

Stress wreaks havoc on your body by making it hard to sleep, eat, and focus. Plus, continually having high anxiety levels is detrimental to your health over a long period of time.

I'm not saying that people should go through life with blinders on because that is just stupid. What I AM saying is that dealing with stressful situations in a constructive, common sense way is the best option. We all have problems but the one thing to keep in mind is that there is a solution to EVERY problem and EVERYTHING is fixable, no matter how broken it gets. 

Deal with things as they happen and don't sweat it. In the grand scheme of things, problems are minuscule. Living a life full of love, laughter, creativity, and adventure is what matters most.

Happy Trails!

Valeka


No comments:

Post a Comment