Sunday, May 19, 2013

Step One - Update the Tunes

One of the first things I decided to do when I started to focus on playing was to change what I hear. Not only did I change what I say to myself but I changed what I listen to while I'm having playtime.  I figured that most of us spring clean everything else - why not our work out music?  Fresh new music can inspire and energize giving that extra boost right when we need it.

The music I used to listen to while running was sorta angry and aggressive and I knew I needed to change that. I want to have fun and what I had been listening to didn't make me feel that way.

I went through the music in my iTunes library to figure out what I should add to my new and improved running playlist. My aim was to replace the harsh stuff with lighter, fun music.

The first thing I thought of adding was music from my days as a kid. I figured that if the song was attached to a fond memory then it would be perfect for the playlist. Rick Springfield, Madonna, Michael Jackson, and the GoGo's all found a new home on my iPod.

Next came the fun music that makes me dance in my car during rush hour traffic. Enter Ke$ha, Britney Spears, Pink, and, yes, Lady Gaga.

I added in some Kelly Clarkson, a healthy dose of Florence + the Machine, a splash of Beyonce, a dash of the Spice Girls (don't judge me!), and a few old disco tunes that remind me of being 3 years old and cruising with my Aunt Peggy.

I held onto Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Marvin Gaye, and Led Zeppelin because my list would not be the same without them.  And I could not leave off one of my favorite songs, No Rain by Blind Melon (it reminds me of college).

Now that my new playlist is complete, I am going to take it out for some playtime.  While I'm doing that, I leave you with this....







Happy Trails!

Valeka

No comments:

Post a Comment