Sunday, February 26, 2012

Beautiful Day

Today, Big Baby and I went out for a late afternoon walk.  The sofa was stuck to my butt but the weather was too beautiful to not get out and enjoy it.  I am pretty lucky to live where I do.  I live smack dab between two parks complete with greenbelt trails (no excuse to not get any walking/wogging/running done - EVER).  We made our way down the sidewalk and towards the park.

I am not much for running on sidewalks or asphalt so I didn't subject BB to it either.  We walked until we reached the gravel trail.

We finally arrived at our little park.  BB was super duper excited to get there and didn't want to waste any time walking.  She wanted to gallop!!  Of course, I am NOT in galloping shape so we did "wog" and that seemed to satisfy her for the moment.
We continued on and enjoyed the sites and sounds of nature.  She is literally my eyes and ears on the trail.  Sometimes I overlook the little things because I am too busy focusing on the big picture (time, mileage, steps, my butt jiggling).  BB slows down my brain and makes me relax.  I love her for that.
It was such a wonderful day out.  The sun was shining and there was a light breeze.  Days like this are truly a blessing.  BB and I took a few pauses on the trail to enjoy our time together.
We continued on our way and took in some more of the sites in the park.

We decided it was time to head home. 
But before we left, she took a whiff of a mountain laurel.  For those of you that have never seen one, the purple blossoms smell EXACTLY like grape-scented bubble gum.  BB and I love to breath in the scent.  Heavenly!
We headed back out on the sidewalk to make our way home.  BB was one tired pooch by the end of our adventure.

It was a great day spent doing something that I love with one of my beautiful fur babies.  It doesn't get much better than that!

Happy Trails!
Valeka

(A special "thank you" to BFF for taking the photos for this post)

No comments:

Post a Comment