Thursday, May 19, 2011

Twiddling My Thumbs

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher



This is torture.  I have no patience when it comes to getting over an illness or injury.  That's probably why it takes me LONGER to get over cooties and heal - I get impatient when I can't work out and start going full force even though my body isn't ready for it.  I know I said I was going to do some "gentle exercise" in the interim but I'm not feeling it.  My brain keeps saying "RUN NOW!" but my body is asking me to take it easy and do some yoga.  I have been out for a couple of walks but it's not nearly as satisfying for me especially when I see others out running.  And runners are EVERYWHERE - on my drive to work, when I head out for lunch, when I leave work, when I run errands.  I almost feel like I am being mocked ("hee-hee, we can run and you can't, hee-hee").  Hopefully this cough and congestion will go away so I can return to my routine.  I keep trying to banish it by raising my fist and saying "I cast thee out" but it's not working.  In the meantime, I will have to force myself to be patient.  But if this isn't gone by Monday, I am running.  

No comments:

Post a Comment