Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rising Again

The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune's spite, revive from ashes and rise. -Miguel de Cervantes


I'm slowly trying to get back into the habit of daily exercise after my lay off last week.   I am listening to my body to make sure I'm not pushing too hard too soon (still have a cough and some congestion - ICK!).  The timing of this illness is terrible because I was just getting on a roll (8 pounds down!  YAY ME!!).  I dislike setbacks because they can be so discouraging and disheartening.  I will be honest - I thought of giving up and tossing my goals out the window after this latest obstacle.  I understand that I have to heal and get better but sometimes it feels like one thing or another keeps impeding my progress.  BUT I stopped myself from indulging that negative thought and decided that this time,  I will keep on keeping on.  I am going to accept this constant hacking as a challenge rather than a barrier.  I will view this as a test to see how badly I want to run that 50 miler.  So, I refuse to give up because of a little bronchitis.  If I have to repeatedly pick myself up off of the ground to get to where I want to be, that's just what I will do.  It may take a little longer to get to my desired result but it will be worth it when I do!

Happy Trails,
Valeka

No comments:

Post a Comment